Lots of protein with healthy greens! Pair with a steamed vegetable or salad for a great meal!
From Cooking Light
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat; stir in dill, spinach, and feta cheese. Cool 10 minutes.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the center of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each pocket evenly with spinach mixture. Close pockets with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil to pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half)
- CALORIES 319
- CARBOHYDRATE 8.4g
- CHOLESTEROL 125.6mg
- FIBER 2.4g
- PROTEIN 40.1g
- SODIUM 585.0mg
- FAT 13.5g
- CALCIUM 136.4mg
- IRON 2.0mg